HOME / ABOUT US.
This Program is a TCOVE Public Safety Careers Course through the Porterville Unified School District.
Students will have the opportunity to Explore different aspects in Law Enforcement, Fire Service, EMS, Disaster Services, and Military Organizations. Students will also receive Various Certificates of Completion & be Certified in First Aid & C.P.R. / A.E.D.. & I.C.S.-100. Each student has the Opportunity to receive 13 Certificates in this course.
Course Topics Include:
Items in green have been covered already
- Crime Scene Awareness
- Lifting Finger Prints
- Evidence Collection / Handling
- Arrest / Handcuffing Procedures
- Tabletop Exercises
- Ride A longs with Police Department Personnel.
- 911 Dispatch Center(Tour)
- Resume & C.V. Prep.
- Crime Scene (Recreation) Pathways.
- 911 - Radio Communications
- Basic Fire Safety-Behavior/Terminology
- Fire Extinguishers (Live Fire Training)
- Disaster Medical Triage
- Ropes & Knots /Stokes
- Land Navigation
- US&R Light Building Collapse
- Disaster Preparedness- Are you Ready!
- Incident Command System-100
- Basic Water Safety
- Mine & Shaft Awareness
- Basic First Aid
- C.P.R. / A.E.D.
- Bloodborne Pathogens